Subject: Re: FOR SALE FLYER/TOASTER
From: [email-masked]
To: LightWave Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 10:40:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 23 Jul 1995, Ian Lancaster wrote:

> Just a simple question to a complex problem - does the actual 
> temperatures of the operating enviroment have any effect on thermal 
> recalibration problems? Can these problems be reduced by maintaining 
> drive in a cold enviroment?

I don't the specifics of hard drive thermal calibration, but I can tell 
you that keeping your hard drives cool is EXTREMELY important.  Aside 
from detrimental effects to performance, an overheating drive will have a 
much shorter lifespan than a comfortably cool drive.

The best way to determine if a drive is too hot is to touch the case it's 
in or touch the drive directly (if possible)...if it's only warm to the 
touch, then you're safe...if it's hot, then you should be concerned...if
your hand bursts into a ball of flame then you've got a problem!

                                      -David Warner
                                       Event Horizon Graphics

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]